Asteroid Blues is the first Session in the Cowboy Bebop anime series.
The Bebop is traveling through hyperspace near Mars. Jet has cooked his specialty, bell peppers and beef, while Spike finishes martial arts practice and comments that dinner can’t be called bell peppers and beef since there is no beef. Knowing they are broke, Jet decides they should pursue a bounty placed on a gang member named Asimov Solensan on the asteroid, Tijuana (called TJ). Spike complains that he doesn't go after "small fries", judging by Asimov’s crime and bounty price, but Jet convinces him they need this bounty by reminding Spike that the
"carnitas (on Tijuana) are out of this world!"
- November 19, 2021: Netflix officially releases all ten episodes of the first season of the live-action Cowboy Bebop (Netflix) remake
- August 17, 2018: Voice actor Unshō Ishizuka, voice of Jet Black, has passed away at the age of 67 ANN
- June 6, 2017: Deadline reports Cowboy Bebop live-action TV series remake is being developed by Tomorrow Studios, Midnight Radio, & 'Thor' writer Christopher Yost
- August 10, 2013: Coming in 2014, Cowboy Bebop to be released on Blu-ray and Digital in the U.S. from FUNimation
- May 25, 2013: Shinichiro Watanabe confirms Live Action film is still in the works and Spike survived the final episode in an interview with Red Carpet News TV